I'm having problems with zmd hanging on three different SuSE 10.2
boxes.  All the boxes use the same mirrors for their source, and all
were upgrades from 10.1, if that matters.

I notice that I'm not being notified of new updates in gnome, and
'rczmd stop' fails.  A regular 'kill' on zmd doesn't work, and I have
to 'kill -9' or reboot to stop zmd.  When I start zmd again, it just
hangs and cannot be stopped without another 'kill -9'.

I found that a "rm -fr /var/lib/zmd /var/lib/zypp" will allow zmd to
start and run again ... for awhile.  I re-add my sources and update,
but usually the problem reoccurs again in a few hours or days.

Are there other files I can remove, or a better way to clean up zmd to
fix this problem permanently?  Thanks!

- BS