michael norman wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 18:18:10 Sunny wrote:
>> On 4/12/07, michael norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Interesting.  I;m in UK and one of the links points to Amazon UK who can
>>> supply the device, and later on in the article it says it works with
>>> Mythtv.
>>>
>>> So my question is, can I get Mythtv to work with openSUSE 10.2, if so
>>> where do I get it from and how do I set it up ?
>>> Mike
>> Add packman's repository, there is MythTV. You need mysql running as
>> well in order to run the backend..
>>
>> --
> Thanks.  I have ordered the   Hauppauge WIN-TV HVR-900TV USB 2.0 Analogue &
> Digital TV Tuner from Amazon.  It should arrive tomorrow.  I assume I can
> just configure it using Yast. Has anybody used this particular device already
> with 10.2 ?  Any problems I might encounter ?  Before I try Mythtv is there a
> KDE programme I need to install ?

You might want to have a look at:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html

I'm not sure if this is the same model that you have ordered. I've got
one of these - it's listed as WinTV PVR USB2, so I'm not 100% it's the
sam emodel you've ordered. Currently the pvrusb2 driver only seems to
pick up analogue broadcasts via the aerial in socket. (I've not got
Windows to test if it picks up digital and analogue via this input).

Jon