Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>>> Perhaps as in my case other gave up using Evolution.
>>> Has anyone else left Evolution????????
>>>
>> Nope, still using it and been using it for many years
>>

> Same,  been using Evolution forever; it is fast, stable, usable, and feature
> complete.

I liked v1.0, lived with v2.0 even though some of the more useful
features had disappeared until I found that I had to redo most of the
filtering rules., found out the hard way it did not really get along
with courier-imap (I moved from UoW imap to courier because I wanted
maildir format directories not mbox), and then it started crashing every
time it loaded in the mail context, (if I loaded it from in a non-mail
context in offline mode then went to mail and went into online mode it
would load the mail, but only then!). I have rather large mail archive
and trying figure out what was causing the problem was becoming to time
consuming so it got dumped.

Unfortunately my preferred mail client on the Windows Platform (TheBat)
does not run under Linux, and as I need to work with both Windows and
Linux, and I prefered a common mail client with common filtering rules I
have been working with TBird ever since.

begin:vcard
fn:Graham T. Smith
n:Smith;Graham T.
adr:Barton upon Humber;;90 Bowmandale;;North Lincs.;DN18 5EA;UK
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;cell:07876793607
version:2.1
end:vcard