On Thursday 19 April 2007 04:05, Petr Klíma wrote:
> Let's login using SSH from computer Anna to computer Boris. Restart
> Boris. SSH session on Anna is not correctly terminated and hangs on
> until I kill that specific ssh process.
        Its pretty normal, actually.

        ... what you want to do is to ssh to Boris and reboot the guy with this:

        su  -  -c  "shutdown -r +1"

        Change the +1 to anything you want... in minutes.  This gives you a
little
more time to type "exit" and get back to Anna before Boris goes down.  If you
are quick enough you can use:

        su  -  -c  "shutdown -r now"

        ... but, you must type  "exit"  immediately after you see the shutting
down
message...  or it will hang there for a long long long time.  Eventually it
will give up though and go away.   I think its really a tcp/ip thing.  :}

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><