Generally lockups are caused by hardware problems and are either heat, power
or memory related.

I suggest you run the memtest86 for at least 1 day and see if there are any
errors show up. Also check your power supply and the CPU temp when the system
locks up. Intermittent hardware problems can be very hard to diagnose.

I ran memtest86 for over 9 hours last weekend and found no errors
during the testing.

Current cpu temp is running ~54C and ambient is ~21C.  I do not
believe that it has passed those points and if so not by much.

I am going to keep monitoring, but I have already noticed that I have
not had a lock up today, and I converted the /home partition to ext3
yesterday around 1400 hours.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at