Hi,

Opensuse LIVE CD/DVD is excellent at auto-detecting most types of hardware and can be run on a variety of configurations.

However, if I install opensuse (10.2) to hard disk - the startup seems to be specific to that configuration. For example, if I were to do a full install to hdd and made sure that all works fine, then if I were to replace the motherboard, the hdd would no longer boot - usually due to a difference in chipsets. Is there a way to install opensuse (10.2) to hdd so that it does a hardware detect at startup just like in the LIVE DVD version??

Thanks for any help / info in this area.

Best rgds. Otto Rodusek.