On Thursday 03 May 2007 01:03, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
> Another question is, in first scenario, would the firewall PC get connected
> to the Router's internet port (is that uplink?) or into one of the regular
> ports.
        This depends upon your switch. My eight port high speed switch has a
specific
uplink RJ45 that attaches to the eth0 nic card of my [firewall, NAT] box. My
five port high speed switch does not have a specific uplink port... any one
of the five RJ45 jacks can be used as the uplink--- doesn't matter.  See you
owner's manual for the switch... if the back of the switch has a jack labled
uplink its a safe bet that you should use that one...

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><