hi folks,

My latest machine adventure has led me to a new Radeon X1050 card--- which
"surprise" is really an old RV370 chip--- like the X300, X550, X600.  (I
digress)

So, the card works fine under normal ops... sax2 identified it correctly as an
rv370, and loaded the "radeon" driver.

The problem is -- no 3D acceleration.   The 3D accelerate check box in sax2 is
grayed out (cannot be selected)... and of course none of the 3D openSUSE
games will play... the ones that require 3D that is.

So, I've been doing some snooping around and wondering which path to go down
first.  Is 3D acceleration possible with the default ati "radeon" driver that
ships with openSUSE 10.0?   Are there some options I can select that make
this work?

Do I need to download the latest ATI proprietary driver from AMD/ATI?  (looks
like a PITA, but I'm game)

TIA

--
Kind regards,