I have started as you said... but

2) Receiving mail:
   Server type: POP
   Server: pop.gmail.com
   username: razorpeak
   Use Secure Connection: SSL encryption
   Authentication Type: Password  (click "check for supported types"
and you should see that the other possibilities are struck out)

clicking "check for supported types" is opening a window "Quering
Server Please Wait" and it is never returning.

Please tell me what may went wrong.

Thanks of all your elaborate and detail help.

-- Bikram

On 5/5/07, lists Guillot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/5/07, Bikram Chatterjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  - have HAVE enabled POP on Gmail Settings page?
>
> Yes I did that. Anything else I missed? Please help.
>
> Thanks
> - Bikram

Remove the account from evolution and start again. First go to the
gmail setting and check that under "POP download. 1)Status" it says,
in green letters, "POP is enabled". If this is not so, then enable it
and don't forget to click on "save changes".

Then go back to Evolution and create the account from zero.

1) Name: <your name>
    Email Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2) Receiving mail:
    Server type: POP
    Server: pop.gmail.com
    username: razorpeak
    Use Secure Connection: SSL encryption
    Authentication Type: Password  (click "check for supported types"
and you should see that the other possibilities are struck out)
3) Sending mail:
    Server type: SMTP
    Server: smtp.gmail.com
    CHECK "Server requires authentication"
    Use Secure Connection: SSL encryption
    Authentication Type: Login (click "check for supported types" and
you should see that the other possibilities except PLAIN are struck
out)
    username: razorpeak

Save that configuration and you should be able to send and receive
mail from Evolution with your email account. Make sure that the
account is "enabled" in evolution. Go to Edit/Preferences and you will
see a checkbox in the "enabled" column before the name of the account
you've just created. That checkbox should be selected.

I've just done this whole procedure with this account (which I didn't
have set up to download), and it worked perfectly. Hope it helps.