On Saturday 12 May 2007 08:57, Jim Flanagan wrote:
> At this point I'd like to get back to my original defalult KDE/xorg
> install. I will try the ATI driver agian later, but for now I'd like to
> get back to the original install. How do I do this?
        This is really easy...

        ... put the machine in runlevel 3:

                sudo init 3

        run    sax2 -r

         or     sax2 -r -m 0=radeon

        Sax will rebuild your install  /etc/X11/xorg.conf  file.

(or)
        If this is the card you installed the machine with, then you probably
still
have a file  called   /etc/X11/xorg.conf.install     you might try using that
by linking to it in /etc/X11

        cd /etc/X11    as root

        rm  xorg.conf
        ln -sf xorg.conf.install xorg.conf