Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Is there a way to remove a package and ALL its dependencies? For example, I
> installed mplayer and I had to install 9 other packages to satisfy
> dependencies.  If I no longer want mplayer I'll do this:
>
> rpm -q --last
>
> to see the last packages I installed. I"ll then do "rpm -e" with EACH one of
> them.  I noticed that you can only specify one package with the remove
> switch...It will be great If I could "rpm -e this,that,the-other-one, blabla"
> or something like "rpm -e MPlayer --along-dependencies" :)  (if and only
> those packages are needed only by MPlayer of course...).

And therein lies the catch.  To do what you would suggest you would have
to have to recode rpm to do what you are talking about.  And what's so
bad about a shell script?  I'll grant you, it's not easy, but if I
wanted easy I would have stayed with Microsoft.  On the plus side, you
don't have to wait around for somebody to recode rpm (of course, you
could also attempt that).