On Monday 21 May 2007 16:32, James Knott wrote:
> >       The technique is to blow the disk away and install openSUSE *first*
> > leaving a workable partition at the front-end of the drive (appropriate
> > and large enough) for you to *restore* vista into when you are done
> > installing openSUSE.
> >

> And also create a FAT32 partition, where "My Documents" can be moved to,
> for data interchange between the two systems.
        Yes, yes... and another thing...

        ... when you restore vista (after installing opensuse) your machine
will only
boot into vista... because the grub mbr will be gone... not to worry.

        After you restore vista, and make sure it works, then boot into
opensuse from
the DVD (like you are going to install) only don't update/install... take the
*other* install option and from there *repair* the installation.  One of the
options is to restore the mbr... which will allow opensuse to boot from grub.
But there is more... once you can boot into opensuse again.

        Then you will need to modify the /boot/grub/menu.lst  file so that you
can
boot vista from grub.

        Good luck...

--