Hi,

On 5/23/07, Kai Ponte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No, it wasn't. In fact it was locked up tight.

HOWEVER...

...I left it in the locked state for a few hours. Went off to a
meeting, and it has been working perfectly. Could it have been "The
Return of Beagle"?  I'd forgotten about the dog, and I have it
running.

It's unlikely to be Beagle if your system is locking up hard.  The
multitasking nature of Linux means that even if one process is hogging
all the CPU, the other processes still get to run.

Is your hard drive thrashing while it's unresponsive?

You could temporarily move /usr/bin/beagled out of the way (and run
beagle-shutdown to stop a running daemon) and see if the hangs persist
to see if it's Beagle.  I'm interested in hearing if it is.

Joe