ken wrote:
> On 05/26/2007 08:48 AM somebody named Jan Karjalainen wrote:
>
>> ken wrote:

>>> Assuming your using a PC, do you have any files or directories under
>>> /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/?
>>>

>> ls /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/ gives:
>> azerty  dvorak  fgGIod  include  qwerty  qwertz
>>
>> The qwerty directory contains the keymap I need (sv-latin1.map.gz).
>>

> Okay.  So then what happens when you run (as root)
>
> /etc/init.d/kbd status
>
> and
>
> /etc/init.d/kbd start
>
> ??

/etc/init.d/kbd status
Keymap /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/sv-latin1.map.gz is loaded.

/etc/init.d/kbd start
This gives not output.

The YaST Keyboard Layout app is completely empty of any layouts...
Typing of international and special characters won't work, especially
those that require the Alt key.

--
Affliction, like the iron-smith, shapes as it smites. -- Christian
Nestell Bovee