On Friday 01 June 2007 14:37, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > > Is there anything Open-Source on Linux that have similar
> > > functionality ?
>
>  Randall Schulz wrote:
> > Squid?
> >
> > <http://www.squid-cache.org/>
>
> AFAIK, Squid can only accelerate something if it's cached, that is,
> was downloaded once.while WAAS accelerate both cached and non-cached
> data.

I'd characterize that as "similar functionality."

Besides, I find it hard to believe it can speed-up the retrieval of
something it doesn't have immediately available to serve locally. Even
if it has something to do with the selective compression, that's only
going to increase latency on the initial fetch and without a large
population of users behind the device to amortize the costs it imposes,
there's less potential for overall improvement.

> --
> -Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"

Randall Schulz