James Knott wrote:

Anyone here remember doing assembly code in DEBUG?  Many years ago,
someone wanted a DOS utility that would just return an error code and do
nothing else.  I wrote one in assembler, using DEBUG, and it was only 5
bytes long.  The same thing in Turbo C, came in at a few K bytes.

I used debug to brake applications. I had some that copy protection made crash...

Just a story. I had to compile a progam to have a computer hard reset.

I first do a basic programm... two lines, but 64k basic to launch.

Then a turbo pascal exe. down to 10K
Tene a macro assembler .com... 2K
then I took a hex program and wrote the code for Longjump<hardresetaddr>... 3 bytes, and fast!!

:-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net