On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:05:00 -0700
Randall R Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If speed is an issue, a purely interpreted language (unlike contemporary
> JVMs which perform native code translation) will never give good speed.

Actually, I've seen well written Forth code do very well. We had a 3270
terminal emulation system on an 8085 processor where we bit a system
with Forth as the high level language, and Forth did very well, albeit
that Forth is interpreted, and did better than the assembler language
version of the same emulator product.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group