On Friday 08 June 2007, Michael Albert wrote:
> Greetings.
>

>  I just installed Suse10.2 on a Dell PowerEdge2900.
>
>  I can see the USB mouse and keyboard, but I
>
>  can find no evidence of a "mybook" external
>
>  usb storage device. (It isn't listed on Yast,
>
>  no apparent entry in /dev, etc).

Tail messages while you plug in the MyBook.  (use the
cable that came with the Mybook, not some substitute.)

The messages will tell you if it saw anything being plugged
in.

Also, are you running the PowerEdge at runlevel 3 or 5?

At runlevel 5, I think KDE ends up being responsible
for mounts, but at rl 3 you might have to run the older
automount stuff. (This is just a guess).