The Saturday 2007-06-09 at 22:58 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> No, I believe that it is more than enigmail, as the OT posted
> w/thunderbrid and Carlos has the same broken sig indicator and uses
> pine, iianm.  I think that pgp cripples the sig indicator, but only
> with inline

I do?

[...]

Ah, I see. But it is not broken, that is the standard.

When mail is pgp signed, the [-][-][ ] sequence is changed to
[-][ ][-][-][ ] for some reason I forget, but related to some interference
with the pgp encription/signing. It is the client side who has to be
clever enough to decode that sequence correctly - and pine does, I have no
problem with the sequence you call "broken".

I remember reading it in this list some years ago.

What I have seen is a double signature mark; first by Rick:

]Thanks,
]Rick
]--
]Rick's Law: What cannot be...
]--
]To unsubscribe, e-mail: opens...

The first one is not good, the second one is good. And then Randall has
a similar thing (in his answer to Rick):

]Randall Schulz
]--
]"Unimaginable destruction" is an oxymoron.
]--

Both are correct, and Pine interprets them correctly when replying to,
clipping at the first correct dash sequence.

Looking at the internals, the one by Rick is a bit different (trimmed):

]Thanks,
]Rick
]- --
]Rick's Law: Wh....
]-----BEGIN PGP....
]Version: GnuP...
]Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
]
]iD8DBQFG...
]N9uUXO4e...
]=xI9O...
]-----END PGP...
]--
]To unsubscribe...

The pgp block is inserted in the middle, and only the last one is good
(after the pgp block).

Thus, it is Rick's mail, made with thunderbird 2.0.0 which is at fault.
The second dash sequence could have been added by the list server when
adding the unsubscribe note.

- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.