Phil Burness wrote:
There are of course useful things for this....
1. Young children could add items to the table and hear / learn the pronunciation of the objects name. 2. In a similar vain, using a pen they could complete their homework on the table and have it transmitted direct to the class teacher for marking without the needs for additional hardware or paper etc. 3. Putting a glass of beer on the table could result in it's temperature being broadcast every 2 Degree's change in temperature - always drink at the optimum!
4. Ditto for food.
5. If the table was hinged you could flip it through 90Degrees and use it as a TV that you could throw soft balls at when something happened you don't like and have the channel changed. Soft ball hits could be fed back to the TV channel for instant feedback. 6. A couple of joysticks on each end and you could have one of those 1980's style tennis table breakout games.

I'm warming to MIcrosoft.... :-)

Phil