On Tuesday 12 June 2007 06:37:20 chika wrote:
> > chika schrieb:
> >> openSuse 10.2
> >> mozilla firefox 2.0.0.4
> >> jre 6u1.rpm.bin
> >>
> >> wanna test this page
> >> "http://jmol.sourceforge.net/";
> >>
> >> ok i should i install jre(i have jdk6u1 before)
> >> then i installed it jre6u1
> >>
> >> i have followed this instruction
> >> "http://www.java.com/en/download/help/linux_install.xml";
> >> ... first time i restart it.... my firefox dont appear after launced....
> >> second time i link
> >> "ls -la /usr/java/jre1.6.0_01/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> >> libjavaplugin_oji.so"
> >>
> >> firefox start but still don't even i ve enabled java
> >>
> >> what's up??
> >>

> >> br,
> >>
> >> tambun
> >
> > Hi.
> > Did you try to install the Java 1.6 rpms from:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-Factory-non-oss/inst-source-
> >extra/suse/i586/ ?
> > Regards,
> > Daniel
>
> nope,
> i got it from the official website java.sun.com.... i got it in
> jre6u1.rpm.bin....
>

> thanks,
>
> tambun

Ok ... but what about trying the package mentioned above? It is _very_ likely
it just works with 10.2 as well ... trust me: I did the package ;). Those
RPMs will be included on 10.3.
The packages from the SUN site are not integrated in SUSE -- the package from
opensuse.org just integrates into opensuse like all other SUSE Java packages
do.
Regards,
Daniel