Kai Ponte wrote:
On Thu, June 14, 2007 10:07 pm, John Andersen wrote:
On Thursday 14 June 2007, Registration Account wrote:
In Australia we will NOT use TCP/IP for government or
direct Banking requirements. Thats why do don't worry
about massive amounts of data being hijacked.
Huh?
No on line banking in Australia?  Could have fooled me.

He could be referring to internal.

As an example, in order to increase the security (by obscurity) of our
voting tally systems, we use Token Ring on all election tally systems.
There's only one machine with a token ring/ethernet bridge used to
pass data out.
How does that improve security?  IP doesn't care what the physical layer is.
Heh - does SUSE support token ring?

While I haven't tried it with SUSE, I have used Linux on a token ring network.