On Saturday 16 June 2007 14:49, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Hi Ken Schneider
>
> read:
>
> The primary advantage to this technology is no need to repartition a
> hard drive at all. A very welcome feature to win-noobs alike.

The partition structure is independent of the type of file system
created on those partitions. I.e., it is not necessary to repartition a
drive (that's already partitioned) in order to install Linux.

Now, if what you want is to have both Linux and Windows installed on a
given partition, that's another thing. As far as I know, there's no
overlap between the directories used by Linux and those used by
Windows, so if Linux could operate with a root file system that is
NTFS, then this should be feasible. As far as my limited understanding
goes, NTFS is sufficient to support a root file system, but I can't say
for sure whether that is true. Clearly, the kernel would need to
incorporate the NTFS-3G driver so the kernel and the running system
could write to its NTFS root volume.

> --
> -Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"

Randall Schulz