On Fri June 15 2007 05:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I try to open an OOo-Writer document directly from Kontact's
> KMail, I get the following message:
>
> "/tmp/kde-<usr>/Letter name with spaces.doc_[AIN1nb].doc does not
> exist."
>
> Only after saving it can the document be opened.

I get this problem sometimes in both my machines where I have RAIDs, but
I don't get it in the one machine with a single disk. If I try to open
the doc again right away it usually works. My impression is that OOo
gets started before KMail finishes dumping the file and before the RAID
acknowledges its existence. When you try right away again the file is
already there and OOo finds it. With a few odd files I had to try more
times and sometimes I give up and save it.

Maybe KMail should start OOo only after the temporary copy finishes
saving?

--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?