On 6/18/07, Kevin Donnelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At the minute, if you enter something into the search box, and press Return,
you get the page that fits your search entry, eg enter "apache", and you get
http://en.opensuse.org/Apache.  This "title search" is the default option.

However, there may be more pages on the wiki that deal with Apache, and not
all of those may be linked to the Apache page.  Clicking the "fulltext
search" gives a wider range of pages, and a better indication of how much
information there might be on that topic in the wiki.

Is there any possibility of making "fulltext search" the default, or at any
rate putting some sort of indicator like "You will get references to more
pages if you use fulltext search" directly under the search box?

Please raise this suggestion on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

Also, is there any reason why the openSUSE Community pages
(http://opensuse-community.org) aren't prominently linked to on the
openSUSE.org front page?  Again, I could make this edit, but I don't want to
step on anyone's toes.

Well, yes; legal reasons?

Which raises the question, I suppose, of whether new pages should go on
opensuse.org or opensuse-community.org ....

Check the o-c.o site description:

"The openSUSE-Community is a project aiming to channel more of a
community effort into our favourite distribution, openSUSE. This
includes -- but is not exclusive to -- adding all the extra
documentation that is required for a seamless openSUSE experience.
Through this wiki, we intend to provide a placeholder for all
additional information. This site is not meant to in any way create a
duplication of effort to what is already on http://openSUSE.org, but
rather to be a supplement to what is there."

To sum up: o-c.o is a supplement for additional information that
cannot really go directly on o.o. Therefore, if the article can go
onto o.o, it should go there.

Kind thoughts,
--
Francis Giannaros   http://francis.giannaros.org