On Monday 18 June 2007 09:42, Gabriel wrote:
> Gabriel escribió:
> > Bob Kline escribió:

> > You should first go to init 1 (single user), unmount /home, move the
> > data to the new location, modify fstab with the new settings (in this
> > case simply remove the settings for /home) and then go back to init 5.
> >
> > Thats all.
> >
> > Regards.
>
> Sorry, remount /home with another name so you will be able to copy the
> data to a directory named /home on your root partition.
>
> This is the safest way, I don't recommend doing it on a multi-user mode
> (init 3)

It is safe as long as you are not logged in as normal user, and with init 3,
shutting down the GUI will log you out. Root has it's home in /root and it
doesn't present problem to move /home.

The single user mode should be used for instance to move /usr and Live CD to
copy whole system to another partition.

--
Regards,
Rajko.