On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 03:43 -0300, John Janmaat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a new Dell Lattitude D820, on which I have just installed opensuse
> 10.2.
>  Almost everything works well, except for the microphone, and my attempts to
> configure a Logitech Quickcam Fusion webcam.
>
> For the former, I cannot get any sound input.  Have adjusted the input level,
> made sure that MIC is selected as an input device, etc.  Apparently the
> machine
> has an internal microphone, but that isn't working either.

Not sure about a internal mic, but for external mic I always have to
goto KMix - Switches Tab -> Dropdown Input Source -> Select Line -> Then
Reselect Mic -> Now it works.
Dont ask way - I tried to debug a bit - but got bored.

The hda_intel module is not that great.

Also I sometimes get that the headphones jack refuses to cutoff the
laptop speakers (usually after suspend to disk) - ie the switch between
the jack and speakers seem to be software controlled.
By running "rcalsa restart" as root I can get it working as expected
again.

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm