Hi all,
i have a little trouble with a software raid1 array.
i built it with opensuse10.0.

Now one disks left the array giving me the (F) of failure for one partition.
here is the cat /proc/mdstat:

Personalities : [raid1]
md1 : active raid1 sda3[0]
     129017920 blocks [2/1] [U_]

md0 : active raid1 sdb1[2](F) sda1[0]
     26217984 blocks [2/1] [U_]

I ma quite far from this server location, so i need to know:
how much fair is to assume disks is not broker and just use 'badblocks -f'?

and if i want to replace it which is the easiest way ?
i partition here the new disk (maybe with fdisk, but do not know the
way to have the disk raid formatted with id=fd), replace the old one,
and then use raidhotadd, or, if the new disk will get anyway the /dev/sdb
identifier,
the kernel will do it for me at boot time.

Thank in advance,
L.Cerini