On Saturday 23 June 2007 17:28, S Glasoe wrote:
> On Friday June 22 2007 12:50:05 pm Kai Ponte wrote:

> > > He's happy with what he's got. Why mess with it? VMware is very
> > > good, very sound, very mature, very well supported. I doubt that
> > > can yet be said of VirtualBox.
> >
> > Agreed. I spent hours setting up my virtual machine the way I want
> > it. I don't plan to scrap it and start over.

> Do like I did and install both on the same hardware. VirtualBox seems
> to be a lighter weight option in that it runs very well on <1GHz
> processors and <512MB RAM. VirtualBox doesn't have all the bells and
> whistles of VMware especially in the network setup. It does seem to
> me on my hardware to be quicker though; faster to load, faster to
> shutdown, faster running. Same application load, same updates, same
> virtual disk size, same memory size usage, etc. I have a free copy of
> VMware 5.5 so the cost isn't an issue.

How well does VirtualBox integerate the clipboard between the host and
guest environments? I think of all the functions of the VMware Tools,
clipboard integration is what I use most. Second would probably be file
sharing (i.e., the guest, at least Windows, can see select portions of
the host file system as Windows / CIFS shares). And, of course, I make
ubiquitous use of the virtualized network connections. I do like
knowing that my Windows is behind a NAT, at least.

> Stan

Randall Schulz