On 2007/06/26 09:17 (GMT+0200) Clayton apparently typed:

>> Anyone using 10.2 got it to work? I've installed the 1.4.0.74-static.tar.bz2

> I'm using the same version on 10.2 and it works fine... in fact much
> better than any of the 1.3.x predecessors.  I really hate some of the
> things  they did to the interface, but... in terms of call quality,
> it's a major improvement.  It's got a very very long way to go to
> equal the PC-to-phone call quality with Ekiga though.

> Anyway... all I had to do with the 1.4.0.74 Beta was download the tar,
> unpack it, and run the executable in the directory that was created.
> Some Options tinkering was needed to point the app to it's sound files
> (to get it to send a ring tone to the speakers etc).

> Sound card = SoundBlaster 5.1 Live (for ringing tones), and using
> Logitech USB Headset (for microphone and speakers).  The default sound
> settings on initial startup are set to "Default".  This did not work
> at all for me.  I have to go into the Sound Devices part of the
> Options and change it to my USB headet.  After that... no problems at
> all.  Hate to ask the obvious, but have you checked the Sound Devices
> settings, and tried changing them?

Besides the KMix settings or the Alsamixergui settings, what settings? It seems
the only problem is as I wrote in the original thread post - KMix claims
capture is enabled, but Alsamixergui apparently
shows disabled capture and red for Mic and /var/log/messages shows "kernel:
ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:1997: capture read error (DMA or IRQ trouble?)". I
don't see any controls for Mic in KControl
anywhere. The Mic works locally. Amarok works.
--
"Respect everyone."     I Peter 2:17 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409