I upgraded a 9.3 to 10.0 due to the end of support. Using apt it went
all good (except postfix was broken afterwards).

But if you want to switch to 10.3 directly, how do you do it? Isn't it
necessary to go to 10.1 and 10.2, first? That's what made me to stay
with 10.0 as long as there will be security updates. I had 10.1 on my
desktop and it was driving me crazy so I'll keep it away...

After 10.0 (which isn't a big difference to a 9.3) there are some
changes which I don't know how they will become to effect after
upgrading.
For example the apache isn't 2.0.x any longer and will be 2.2.x. You
will have to read the changelogs before.Maybe the apache people did
some changes in configs?
There were some other big changes in versions, so be aware.

All said is useless if you are goning to set up a clean system. If
that's what you want just install 10.2 and smart. Will be an easy
upgrade, like my try from 9.3 to 10.0.

J.