On Wednesday 11 July 2007 14:47, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> On 11 July 2007 19:01, BandiPat wrote:
> > Be sure to make your user a member of the TTY group
>
> I think i've a "deeper" problem. The comm aspect of the sync it's ok. There
> are no complains about devices and the Palm and the KPilot ticks.
>
> My problem is that I can't transfer data between the computer, in this case
> Kontact, and the Palm, namely the Addressees. The fact is that I'm using
> using a directory to store my cards. Does that has some effect?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Lívio Cipriano

I have the same problem with a plam T/X. Here is some info from another list,
from what I have read some of this should be fixed in the KDE release with
10.3 ( I am waiting to try it myself). Hope this helps.

 From kde-pim list

As I understand it, its not the version of KPilot which is broken, but
the version of pilot-link which does not play well with certain front
ends.  There are basically three front ends for pilot-link in Linux
(KPilot, Gnome-Pilot and JPilot [which is not a java app]), but it is
pilot-link which actually syncs with your PDA.

In the past, it was known that KPilot would not work well with
pilot-link 0.12.x until KDE 3.5.6.  This is because some internal
problems were fixed in pilot-link and the new coding required an
in-depth revision of KPilot, which could not be done until KDE 3.5.6.
So the first thing to check is whether you are using KDE 3.5.6.  If
not, try JPilot or Gnome-Pilot, you might get better results.

Secondly, there may be a problem with the PalmOne Garnet OS syncing with
pilot-link.  There seems to be situations where it will, and others
where it won't.  In that situation, contact the pilot-link developers
or see if there are and helpful forums or information on the pilot-link
website.

As far as mp3 files are concerned, I've always found it easier to write
them to an SD or MMC card and plug the card unto the Tungsten T, but if
you do not have that capacity, you can easily upload files by bluetooth
via a PC bluetooth dongle

My Palm Tungsten T worked with Kpilot under KDE 3.5.6, but I've just
upgraded to KDE 3.5.7.  Later today, I'll try syncing my PDA and see
what problems (if any) I encounter.