Well, when I looked at Yast, there's actually a Fuse package. But it is
still the 2.5.2-10 version. When I look at ntfs-3g's website, it said that
I should install fuse version 2.6 or more. So I decided to download the
latest stable fuse source code and install it with the usual "configure",
"make"," make install" steps.

Btw, when I look at Yast or do a "rpm -qa|grep fuse", it said my fuse is
still the fuse from SuSE (v2.5.2-10). But when I do a "dmesg|grep fuse",
it displayed this:

fuse: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
fuse init (API version 7.8)
fuse distribution version: 2.6.5

So maybe there're 2 instances of fuse in my computer and this is causing
my computer cannot be shut down.

As for a program that needs to be closed, maybe that's the case. But I
don't use any database. My usual applications used were KDevelop, Firefox,
Amarok, Konsole, Kwrite, Konqueror (for browsing local or intranet), and
sometimes KGet. And for the service daemons running in the background, I
think they're the standard ones from SuSE. I can't integrate any package
to the system. Didn't have the knowledge yet. I'm probably still 1 - 2
level above a Linux newbie. :D

Thanks.

Hans defaber said:
> Hans defaber wrote:
>> The shutdown procedure is not much more than a'n init 0 , the init
>> program is the workhorse of the startup and shutdown.
>>
>> If you look at the shutdown messages on your screen, you should see at
>> the end the unmount messages of all disks.
>>
>> I think your real problem is a program that should be shut down first
>> before the systemshutdown.
>> Mostly database applications have a separate shutdown.
>>

> Once more thinking about yout problem.
> Fuse is a userspace file system, I do'nt have any knowledge about this
> package, but userspace means that all actions are done and should be
> done in userspace.
> So the dismount of all userspace filesystem most done before you can
> shutdown or maybe logout.
> Shutdown (init) is a systemspace action.
> So far as I know is fuse not integrated in suse, You have to be your own
> systemsintegrator .
> A difficult and interesting job.
> Succes, Hans

Fare thee well,
Bawenang R. P. P.

ERROR: Brain not found. Please insert a new brain!

“Do nothing which is of no use.” - Miyamoto Musashi.

"I live for my dream. And my dream is to live my life to the fullest."