I have a Sound Blaster 24 Live! board on a older Dell machine.  It works
in Windoze and Kubuntu, but not in openSUSE 10.2 or 10.3 alpha 6.  It
used to work on older SuSE releases.

In 10.2 YAST says it's there and configured.  KMix comes up with a
little red x on the icon and the mixer window shows nothing.

In 10.3 alpha 6, YAST says it's there and configured. KMix comes up
normally and the mixer window shows all the sliders.  Still no sound.
lsmod shows that the ca0106 module is loaded.

I've been trying to figure out how kubuntu and suse configure the sound
system, but no luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bob