Patrick skrev:
For as long as I can remember I've set up a /boot partition with 15MB. Recently, however, routine kernel security updates (Suse 10.2) need slightly more space on /boot to perform the updates. What would be the safest way to get around this?

I've thought of moving some symlinked files to another partition, performing update and then returning file to /boot. For example, vmlinuz points to vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-0.1-default which is on /boot.

 vmlinuz -> vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-0.1-default

If I move vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-0.1-default to root "/", update and move it back then I should be OK. Is there something I might be overlooking that could lead to a catastrophe?

Also, this process is an awkward workaround.  Is there a better approach?

TIA, Patrick

With a risk of suggesting the obvious; enlarge the /boot partition..

Anders.