On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 07:59 +0100, koffiejunkie wrote:
> J Sloan wrote:
> > Clark Sann wrote:
> >>

> >>  Wifi still doesn't work as well as it should under Linux but it is
> >>  usable. (What it should do is let you be connected to a wired
> >>  connection at the same time you are connected via wifi, just like
> >>  windoze does.)
> >>
> >>  If you get one of these and need any help, let me know.
> >>
> >>  Clark
> >

> > LOL, "just like windoze"... sheesh. Well, it's good to hear that windoze
> > can finally handle that sort of thing too.
>
> Windows has been able to do this for years.  At least from 98, if not 95.

No, software config apps written specially for the wifi card has been
working for years on Windows - not the default windows wifi apps - they
still dont work on my Dell D820 (configured by Dell out of the box).

I havent been following this discussion, but if NetworkManager was ever
mentioned as a wifi config tool - forget it - its buggy and incomplete -
when finished its going to be great. (it can handle very simple setups
at the moment)

Why cant you config a wired and wifi network at the same time? this is
standard networking stuff, if you are willing to do it "by hand".

Hans

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm