> At this state I would be tempted to ask you to
> uninstall FF and then re-install it from your CD's,

I'm curious... how would this help correct this problem?  Are the
certificates stored with the program binaries? or in /home/$USER?
I've always gone by the rule (with Linux) that if a program has been
working fine (and you haven't updated the binaries), and something
goes wrong, reinstalling the application itself will not help because
the bit that has "gone wrong" is tied to the files in the user's
/home.

C.