On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 08:08 +0200, Clayton wrote:
> Again for reference.. tagged the DVD torrent for download and it's
> also coming in at over 1200kbps.  I started the downlaod (4.01GB) just
> after I sent the first reply in this thread... so
> around 45 minutes ago, and the DVD is over half done... about 25 minutes left.
>

> > ISP is hinet.net, but do not know if the throttle torrent back. I also
> > go much faster on the addon cd and another cd, but only 20 to 40 KB/sec.
> >
> > How do you do the port forwarding you mention?
>
> It depends on your router... and your firewalls.  This site has some
> excellent info on what it's all about including specific instructions
> for most router models  http://portforward.com/routers.htm
> If you follow it through by selecting a router model, it will give you
> a long list of links for applications, and BitTorrent is one of the
> choices... tells you exactly what ports are needed and how to set it
> up.

Tried this with no success.

Router is DLINK DIR655
Setup port forwarding as follows
Logged into router and set TCP port to 6881 and UDP port to 4444 as in
Ktorrent contog

Also set virtual server, no effect.

Stopped Suse Firewall, also enabled port in it with no change
Stopped DLINK firewall, then enabled ports, no change.

Loaded upnpplugin in Ktorrent. Do a rescan, it shows nothing, its as if
it does not even do anything.

Guess I am just stuck with a buggy ktorrent.

Art