Hi,

I have a machine that is cycled once a day. On the shutdown of the
machine I notice that amavisd-new has to be given a KILL signal by the
system after it fails to end after the system has given it a TERM signal.

I am wondering whether my recent foray into Yast:System:System Services
has something to do with it as I was having issues with ClamAv. I no
longer have a problem with ClamAv and everything I disabled has been
re-enabled but I am wondering if the order I did it in is important ie
where there is a 'parent' and 'children' processes ie amavisd as a
parent and Spamassassin, ClamAv are the child processes.

Should the parent processes be started first or the child ones ie start
amavisd before or after spamd and clam?

Should I remember it like real life ie you can't have kids without
parents so parents have to be started first?

TIA
Hylton