On Saturday 11 August 2007 15:53, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my country our administration is using PDF forms that we can print and
> fill, or fill in the PC and print - but we can not save them, which is a
> nuisance.
>
> Acrobat Reader - which is is the only PDF reader that allows filling PDF
> forms in Linux (neither kpdf or evince even tries to work) - simply
> refuses to save form data. It only saves the empty form. According to
> <http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=328647&sliceId=2
>> we need to use another version of the reader, called "standard", which I
> assume is not free (as in beer). Or, alternatively, the form owner has to
> generate a "rights-enabled PDF form" using "Adobe LiveCycle Reader
> Extensions", which I think it is a server solution. Ie, works online
> somehow.

< snip>

Hi Carlos,

At work various pdf forms are available and I've been able to save many of
them using the version of acrobat that comes with openSUSE 10.2 (+ whatever
updates have come out).  These are simple forms with dates, text fields,
number fields, etc.  Not all forms are like that of course, but there ARE
some that work.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with getting this to work, other than to let
you know that it is possible.

--
Don