Adam, hi there

clamAV is NOT a real time ant-virus application. If you
copy an infected file onto you disk then is will be
copied across without saying anything.

1. go to your favourite xterm
2. log in as root
3. execute the command "freshclam"
4. when it finishes you need to run scans from time to
time, now that you have executed a freshclam the daily
database should be updates regularly - check
Yast>system run levels - expert mode. after
5.still as root execute "clamscan - h" This will give
you the options you need to scan.

If you have more than 30GB of program and data and you
scan the lot - let it run overnight - it just might be
finished in the morning and the end will contain a -v
verbose summary or you can use the
"-move=/home/xx/  quarantine"
and if anything is found it will be moved the the
directory specified, however the directory must exist
first.

There is a GUI version of clamAV

You can search Yast software for KlamAV or see the website
http://www.klamav.net or http://www.clamav.net for the
xterm

Its Beta software and version 0.4.14.1 as it is would
have cost me my job in the past despite its beta status
 and is the absolute worst GUI interface as far as
usability/flexibility/performance/adaptability I have
ever seen despite its BETA status.

1. You think the xterm scan is slow...just wait.
2. try to load the real-time-agent - I could not.
3. Try and clean an infected file - you cannot.
4. Ignore the little spider top right corner - it
contains all the browser script errors - and it uses
Konqueror's browsing setting to communicate with the
internet so if you have stuffed that up your KlamAV
browser wont work
5.The only email it will protect is Kmail.
6.Good luck in loading the  auto-scan option
7.If you try to suspend you PC it will not be able to
halt the KLamAV application and it will sit in limbo -
to get out hit you off button on you PC for 1 second
(and I mean 1 second - its quite long)only and your
session should restore.
8. It is pretty!

Hope this helps

Scott