James Knott wrote:
RTF wrote:
Hi,

I have the OpenSuse 10.2 DVD from Linux Format magazine.  I was going
to install it in a dual-boot arrangement with XP.  However, based on
what I have read, during the installation, it asks you to choose your
desktop (KDE, GNOME, XFCE, or whatever).  While I don't have any
distribution installed at present, previous installations allowed you
to choose the desktop you wanted to use when you booted.
Is there a way to install all available desktops/windows managers and
then choose the one you want to use when you boot
/*You can install as many desktops as you wish, after the install*/ and then
chose the one you wish to use, when you log in.  In fact, you can log in
to more than once and have a different desktop on each one at the same time.

Can you let me know how to do that (bolded and italicized above). I attempted to install Suse 10.2 again tonight and it makes you select which desktop you want to install...Gnome, KDE or other. It does not give you a choice of installing all in order to choose which one you want to use at boot up.. :(

Rob