On Saturday 01 September 2007 10:51, Art Fore wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 16:46 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> > On Sep 1 2007 07:27, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > >I'll get my ducks in a row,
> >
> > Squirrels give twice as much points!
> > http://jengelh.hopto.org/GFX0/Shooting_Gallery.png
> >

> >     Jan
> > --
>
> I have found the following.
>
> If I plug in the USB stick and click OK for the open new window dialog,
> I try to zip the files, it just hangs there forever.This shows up as
> system:/media/sdc1/Pictures.
>
> If I open Konqueror and open /media/disk/Pictures and compress as zip,
> it works.

Both cases the same on openSUSE 10.2. USB stick is FAT32.
I have activity LED on USB stick and if compression works it shows activity,
if not it doesn't.

What can make problem on small disks is that directory
  system:/media/sde1/Graphic
was still there after creation of Graphic.tar.gz.

> If I click on My Computer and click on the 1G usb drive and the Pictures
> folder with url system:/media/sdc1/Pictures, it again will not compress.

First, directory view was not updated when (here) system:/media/sde1 was
opened. After click on reload button compressed file appeared. It was moved
to hard disk, and compression attempted again with directory on USB stick -
and no go.

Compressed file now on hard disk was decompressed without problems when
addressed trough
  system:/home/Documents/
compressed file was removed and - compression still doesn't work.
It seems like a glitch with compression alone.

Now go back to
  /home/me/Documents
and compression works.

> Does this give a clue?