How do you have installed Jikes?
I recommend using yast or zypper by adding the url where the package is
located and then install it. Using zypper from CLI, the commands are (run as
root):
zypper sa http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse
zypper in jikes

For other java programs, you could try to update your installation using the
above method.

--
Bogdan Cristea