On SLED10 SP1 with gnome. Yep, i am back trying to get skype installed :)
The software requirements to install skype 1.4 are:

    * Qt 4.2.1+
    * D-Bus 1.0.0
    * libsigc++ 2.0.2
    * libasound2 1.0.12

 The only one of these requirements i have is libsigc++. I have QT3
installed, D-Bus 0.60 and no libasound2. I am looking through the repos
<http://benjiweber.co.uk:8080/webpin/> for QT 4.2.1+ and see it on a
mirror. The problem is this mirror lists many QT4 (it has libqt4 and
avahiqt4 etc). What package do i need to meet the requirement for skype
1.4? I have found D-Bus 1.0 here
<http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/i586/> and
libasound2 here
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio/openSUSE_10.2/i586/>
I have a question on the libasound2 install: i use alsa, as far as i
know, so will installing libasound2 mess-up my current sound?