On Monday 10 September 2007 17:25, Steven Cai wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 01:52 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
> > Hmm...
> >
> > As I stated in reply to OP (that I thought it is yours), problem is
> > actually solved, by no my fault at all :-)
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.suse/browse_thread/thread/4b4
> >90af6416c5eb7/2452938fdcc82bb7?lnk=st&q=SUSE+Creative+Zen+V&rnum=7#2452938
> >fdcc82bb7
> >
> > I hope that link will survive as single line, if not, you can copy it
> > piece by piece.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Rajko.
>
> So Amarok suddenly detected the device yesterday and I was able to
> access the device. And here I am today, desperately trying to retrace my
> steps from yesterday, as the Zen has gone back to its old stubborn self
> and refuses to connect to anything.
>
> I don't think it's a permissions issue for me...when it worked
> momentarily yesterday, I was running Amarok as a user, but even as root
> I cannot connect to the device.

Suddenly detected, but it doesn't work after reboot.

It might be what I just found in a message about phone that worked after
multiple connect - disconnect operation. That post mentioned device number
21, from initial 3. The device id you can see in console using command:
  lsusb
it will be similar to this:
  Bus 002 Device 002: ID 058f:9360 Alcor Micro Corp.
  Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
  Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0930:6545 Toshiba Corp.
  Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
It should be repeated after each connect (cursor key up; to get last command,
and Enter; to execute it), as command 'lsusb' has no option to run
continously.

--
Regards,
Rajko.