On Thursday 13 September 2007 02:35, Steven Cai wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 23:13 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
> > Suddenly detected, but it doesn't work after reboot.
> >
> > It might be what I just found in a message about phone that worked after
> > multiple connect - disconnect operation. That post mentioned device
> > number 21, from initial 3. The device id you can see in console using
> > command: lsusb
> > it will be similar to this:
> >   Bus 002 Device 002: ID 058f:9360 Alcor Micro Corp.
> >   Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >   Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0930:6545 Toshiba Corp.
> >   Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > It should be repeated after each connect (cursor key up; to get last
> > command, and Enter; to execute it), as command 'lsusb' has no option to
> > run continously.
>
> Rajko, you might be right on this...I have it connected right now after
> several tries today. I will keep track of the device IDs, is there any
> way to assign a device number?

Steven,

I'm not sure is there a way to assign device ID.

What I suspect, from information in another article where I was able to see
the log, is that something else claims device, and repeating connect -
disconnect gives chance to right device driver to take device over. If you
can run as root command:
  tail -f /var/log/messages
before you attempt to connect device, and than try until it succeed. Than stop
command 'tail' with Ctrl-c and post output here. If you have problem to copy,
you can use this:
  tail -f /var/log/messages | tee messages.log
it will in addition to console output, create file 'messages.log' that you can
open in any editor and copy here. Remove repeating lines to make it shorter.

BTW, your mails land in my inbox only, not in opensuse mail group. I don't
know how sending mail to mail list works in Evolution, but if you don't have
such option you can add as CC opensuse@opensuse.org so that other people can
see your mails.

--
Regards,