On Saturday 08 September 2007 00:07, Bob S wrote:
> On Friday 07 September 2007 00:34, M Harris wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 September 2007 23:22, Bob S wrote:
> > > Please don't suggest the accessability thing. That is a horror to use.
> >
> >     What I do when the eyes are tired and I need a serious font/icon size
> > distortion is to use the ctrl+alt+[+] key to bump the screen
> > resolution--- sometimes even to 800x600 or 640x480  and with a virtual
> > window of 1024x768 or higher.  Then I use the mouse to move the window...
> > and I have "giant" fonts/icons in every application across the board. And
> > since I went to the SyncMaster 226BW  wide flat-panel the eyes are
> > strained no longer.
>
> Thanks Stan,
>
> But the ctrl+alt++ doesn't seem to work in my 10.2. It used to work back
> several releases ago, but it hasn't worked since at least 10.0
>
> Kai,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but that list is completely useless. I've asked
> several times on that list and have never received a reply. Seems nobody
> uses it.
>
> Bob S.

The fact that you cant change th eresolution is probably due cause the
relevant entry is missing in your xorg config file.
I noticed that my older systems (9.1, 9.3) has several choices by default.
My 10.1 only had a few.
If you add the relevant resolutions manually, you ought to get the feature
back...

This is a snippet from my own file:

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen 1"
    Device      "Matrox 1"
    Monitor     "Belinea 106030"
    DefaultDepth 16
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       16
        Modes       "1280x1024" <----- this is where you add resolutions
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

You MIGHT need corresponding modelines too, i am not entirely sure about that
though...

--
         /Rikard

email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]