On 07/09/2007, Kai Ponte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It now has a GUI designer?  Oh.
>
> That's the sign of an IDE for me.   I'll install it and give it another look.
> the only other thing I'd seen is Stetic (http://www.mono-project.com/Stetic)
> but haven't seen any examples of real use.

That's a rather narrow definition. That would mean early versions of
Eclipse are not IDE -- no GUI designer. Even now, the GUI designer
(Visual Editor) is optional, and actually is not yet available for the
latest release.

I'd personally draw the line between programmer's editor and IDE at
code completion. Also, IDEs tend to support less languages better,
while editors support more languages (easier to write plugins) less
well (the plugins offer less features)

--
Michel