This posting came off the opensuse list but should be of interest to other
distro users as Levona has requested a "vote" on what distribution they might
"standardize" on for their laptops. Here is there plea "If you love Mandriva
and want to support it, please vote for us now!"

Has to be a tough situation for Lenova, probably a pandora's box.  I was
Mandrake (now Mandriva) user for a while and I am still on their list(s) so I
am getting email from them urging that I "vote" for Mandrake on Lenova laptops.
 Too bad that LSB (Linux Standards Base, choose your version) has not really
caught fire so that hardware level drivers could be "cross distribution."

IMO, Lenova could pick from the leading 3 or 4 distros (which last I checked
didn't include Mandriva) and still not pick "a winner." As for me, I won't be
voting, and right now, I am kind of partial to Sabayon desktop (Gentoo based)
which is #5 on Distrowatch but I give real high marks to Ubuntu, Fedora, and
OpenSUSE (Not SLED because of various concerns which I won't go into here).

Not relevant to the conversation but incase anyone is interested, being a
Novell CNE, I went with OpenSUSE almost couple of years ago as my desktop of
choice and have stayed with it but that doesn't mean Ubuntu isn't an equal or
better on the desktop.  All my servers run Ubuntu (LTS).  Mandrake/Mandriva, I
quit going there and haven't found a reason to go back. Digressing...

-Clint